Thursday, January 26, 2006

I Love Bed


Here I am getting my rems before you know who spoils the party. This blanket is very nice. It's not as nice as the fuzzy tiger blanket that makes me think I am a week old kitten again. Talk about your sublime treading. I have a queen size bed and I usually sleep on the left hand side, where the heating vent blows on me. Mmmmm. It's really fun to slowly inch the old boy over during the night until he is almost falling off the bed. Then he wakes up and says some really funny stuff. It took me years to perfect this technique. I wake up around 3 every morning and have to go out to pay the water bill. I have him so well trained that he wakes up when my feet hit the floor. Well broken in. Plus, for a human, he's a darn good bed warmer. One big difference is that I wake up looking picture perfect, he wakes up looking like heck warmed over. This is very funny to me also. We can't all be lucky enough to be born feline.

7 Comments:

Blogger Les Trois Chats said...

Since there are three of us, we prefer the "divide and conquer" method of bed conquest. We start with one in the middle, one around the head, one at the foot. Mom ends up in the fetal position on her side and dad it clinging to the edge of his side. Or better, they are sharing about a one foot by six foot space... and we get the rest. Ahhhh...

8:28 PM  
Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

Brach doesn't like sleeping with Mom and I. I usually plop myself right up against her back (when she sleeps on her side) so that when she is ready to move, her options are limited. Contrary to her belief, the amount of bed to which one is entitled is not directly proportionate to their body mass. Translation: I'm small, but I need more bed.

Just another way I prove who is really in charge...

7:10 AM  
Blogger Henry said...

kukka-maria, you are exactly right. And you gotta be firm with them or they will walk all over you.

7:30 AM  
Blogger The Meezers said...

I usually sleep against Mommy's back like Kukka-Maria does wif her mommy. Sammy likes to "spoon" wif Mommy - he snuggles up wif his back against her front, and puts his head on her cheek and sleeps like that for hours. he's a momma's boy.

8:08 AM  
Blogger George, Tipper, Max & Misty said...

Like les trois, we are 3 here so usually aren't allowed in the bedroom. Dad sleeps through anything but Mom says we keep her awake. Whatever.

9:18 AM  
Blogger The Whippy Curly Tails said...

So, so, so ... adorable! We thank you for the secret of making the human bean crazy!

We have a special talent for waking mom at 6am sharp every morning...Blackie yodels in the bathtub...he sounds pretty scary...like he is needing help ASAP! Ha just a trick by Blackie to get mom up & out to the kitchen...we all stand by for her launch out of the bed...very fun to watch.

The Whippy Curly Tails in the Toasty South

5:51 PM  
Blogger Victor Tabbycat said...

I start by Mom and Dad's feet, then sleep between them for awhile. At 4, I snuggle under cover by Mom's front and purr as loud as I can. Bonnie sleeps on Dad's puter chair, but I guess she used to sleep on Mom's feet. She'd get between Mom's legs until Mom's back hurt so much, she'd wake up and move. Bonnie stopped sleeping on the bed when I came. I'd share.

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home