Thursday, January 19, 2006

It's My Turn


It's time to meet the good kitty in this family. I'm a little skittish, but I love Grandpa Ruggiero. I'm not sure where I was born, but it was in the year 2000. I was very little, way too little to be outside by myself, but there I was stuck in a bad thunderstorm, hiding in the shrubbery. I don't even know how I got there. Aunt Rachel was visiting from Galveston, just before she moved in with us. She heard me mewing and came across the street and found me. I was wet and frightened and she was so sweet with bright yellow fur only on the top of her head. She rang a few doorbells to find out if I belonged to anybody, and then she brought me home. Her parents fell in love with me and made a big fuss, but I was so scared. Aunt Rachel put me down and I ran though an open door into the garage, which had boxes piled high to the ceiling. I crawled in and wouldn't come out. Aunt Rachel moved boxes until she found me.

Grandpa wanted to keep me, but there were already 3 cats. So, 3 weeks later I moved to Wichita, Kansas to live with my new Mommy who was in the Air Force. That's where I met Hunter, a handsome orange kitty. Ruggiero made a joke and said Mommy Sarah should call me Prey, because Hunter was always stalking me. So Mommy called me Prey. What could I do, I was just a kitten (I'm still very petite) ! It's an okay name. Better than being named Henry anyway! Tee hee!

When Mommy left the Air Force she moved to Dallas to stay with Grandpa and Grandma, because of the free room and board and being able to come and go at all hours. Well, I am tired now, so I will tell you more next time I get a chance. Grandpa just took this picture of me out in our back yard. I was hoping that since it's so warm outside that maybe a lizard or cricket would wonder by for me to play with. No such luck! I do believe it's time to go to the kitchen for a little snack!

6 Comments:

Blogger The Meezers said...

Hi Prey! I was found outside by my mommy too when I was too little to be alone. She also asked peoples if I belonged to them, but I didn't want to go wif anyone but my mommy, so she kept me. Welcome to the blogging community. - Sammy

8:52 PM  
Blogger Oreo said...

Wecome!!

5:07 AM  
Blogger The Meezers said...

Henry - we would love it if you posted a link to our bloggie. We have posted one to yours.

5:25 AM  
Blogger Mia and Ghost said...

Hi, Prey - welcome to the blogging world... we came on over from the meezers.

6:17 AM  
Blogger Scooby, Shaggy & Scout said...

We are Milennium cats too! Born in June 2000. Scout is a newbie: born just last May! We tolerate him. Stop by to visit us.

1:02 PM  
Blogger The Whippy Curly Tails said...

Prey you look so pretty out there!

What do you see? Ask you dad to post more pics.
You have a great following here~great kitty bloggers!

The Whippy Curly Tails in the Toasty South.

=^..^=

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home