Monday, January 23, 2006

My 4 Babies - by Prey



Henry is busy tonight playing with his ball of string, so I get two in a row. I am going to tell you all about my babies. About 5 years ago, my mommy decided not to re-up her AirForce enlistment, so we left Wichita and moved to Dallas, in with Grandma A. and Grandpa R. It was the first time Hunter and I were out of that apartment for a long time. We settled in okay, although Hunter and the other 3 boy cats were always trying to prove who was the toughest. Anyway, I got to feeling really funny one day, hard to describe, kind of like having an itch you just can't reach. Mommy Sarah was going away for the weekend and gave strict orders not to let me out. Well, Granpda R opened the back door for about 3 seconds and ZOOM I was gone and over the fence, into the alley. I met this big orange cat named Krusty and he showed me the sights.

Some time later I started getting kinda puffy and they all made a big fuss. I lived in Sarah's room at the time, and I made a nest in her closet. And late one night I had my babies. There were four of them and they were all perfect. It was all I could do to keep tabs on them, especially one night when there was a thunderstorm. I hid them all in a cheezy loveseat mommy insisted on bringing to Texas. Those kittens played and slept and played and nursed and played. There was only one boy, and grandpa R named him Blackie. He wanted to keep Blackie, but there were already 4 other boys. Then there was Prissy. She could jump 4 feet straight up in the air from a standing still position. The prettiest was named Fluff, she had thick fur and she would sit and watch the others play. The fourth was Blaze, and she lived here until grandma moved away. We were not that close, but I was so proud to be her Mom. This is her picture. She has only eaten cat food once or twice in her whole life, and one time she tried it she threw it back up on grandma's feet. Everybody laughed! Ruggiero would actually cook for her. She especially liked the way he prepared her favorite Tilapia, just the right amount of garlic and butter. He would make that at 6 in the morning for that spoiled little girl of mine. He practically worshipped that little cat. She loves Chinese, Italian, Mexican, Vietnamese. Anything but cat food. Her favorite thing on earth is cheese. She won't eat tofu, though, and grandma eats all kinds of vegan stuff. Poor spoiled Blaze. Ha Ha!

The other 3 kittens went to good homes, the women and Grandpa R asked all kinds of nosey questions and even turned some people down. They took me for an operation a few months later and I haven't had that weird feeling since. Thanks for reading my story. Time for some Friskie's Turkey and giblets and then a nice nap in the yellow room.

5 Comments:

Blogger kan said...

more pics please of your lovely cats

6:10 PM  
Blogger Scooby, Shaggy & Scout said...

Prey thats is a great story. Mom tells us how Scouts momma would take him around to different places in the house for him to play or sleep. Scout came from a momma cat of mom's friend. He was the only one in his litter! So he got all the nursing to himself & his momma's undivided attention. Our mom has known him since he was 2 days old! But he grew fast & now he's a pest.

7:44 PM  
Blogger The Whippy Curly Tails said...

Very cute! So fluffy....I miss having kittens.

Do you have any more photos?

The Whippy Curly Tails in the Toasty South

=^..^=

7:29 AM  
Blogger Les Trois Chats said...

We think Blaze might be distantly related to Empress Kukka-Maria...

1:29 PM  
Blogger George, Tipper, Max & Misty said...

Nice pictures. Too bad you don't have any of your other babies to show us, but a mother never forgets 'cause the pictures are in your head!

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home