Sunday, January 22, 2006

Rebel Without a Cause


Hi everybody, this is Prey. Henry is sleeping and grandpa R is out driving around in the rain. He is ecstatic about the rain, but I am indifferent to it. He took a picture of our neighbor, Orangie, and so here he is. He sort of lives next door with an older lady who has a bunch of cats living upstairs. I heard she was something called a "recluse", whatever that is, but she loves cats, so she is okay with me. Grandpa likes her too, even though he hasn't actually seen her in over a year. Anyway, she feeds Orangie in her back yard, but R puts food out for him as well.

I don't know why, but none of us other kitties like Orangie. Not Henry or me, not the nice orange cat on the other side, and not Slickie or Blaze, who used to live here until last year (where did they go, anyway?). Just something about his attitude. Sometimes he comes up to our patio door looking for food and I throw myself at the glass screaming. Not at all like me. I think he finds that amusing, because he doesn't go away. My daughter Blaze, who is not much bigger than me, used to attack him like she was crazy. He would jump over the fence to get away from her. The funny thing is, I think he is the son of the father of my babies. Does that make us related? Maybe it's that whole inlaw thing.

There's just something about his freewheeling attitude that gets under my fur. Plus he scents everthing in sight. Sometimes he sneaks in the pet door into the kitchen and eats our food. Grandpa says he's just a poor young cat who lived in the alley too long and that we should all play nice. Whatever. Aren't you surprised that such a sweet pussycat as myself has these feelings? Next time I will tell you about my kittens.

6 Comments:

Blogger Scooby, Shaggy & Scout said...

Hi Prey! Orangie looks like a nice kitty frm his picture. Those homeless cats can get to be troublesome. Good thing they have adopted that mystery lady. She's probably lonely too except for the kittycats.

1:16 PM  
Blogger The Meezers said...

Hi Prey! We have an orange neighborhood cat too who like to peek in the windows of all the houses wif kitties - and we don't like him neither. We would love to hear about your kittens!

4:00 PM  
Blogger Les Trois Chats said...

That orange kitty does look a little cranky. Guess he has stuff to be cranky about, huh? Sneaking in your pet door and eating your food? Not cool. (He doesn't look like he's been missin' any meals, either... So it's hard to feel sorry for him, lol.)

Are you guys enjoying the cold snap? We're ready for April...

6:36 AM  
Blogger The Whippy Curly Tails said...

What a pretty gold kitty. We love all kitties....no matter what!

The Whippy Curly Tails in the Toasty South.

=^..^=

11:25 AM  
Blogger kan said...

she is adorable...your photos are lovely

5:20 PM  
Blogger Henry said...

Thanks Joli, yes, he does manage to capture my rugged good looks. And he keeps the food bowl full.

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home