Thursday, February 02, 2006

Tying On The Old Feedbag


Good to be back in the kitty blogosphere. Someone who's name we won't mention has been pretty lousy about prioritizing his life in order that it revolve around me. Coming home every night past 8 oclock and pretending his health is bad. What an actor. He better not be stopping off somewhere to spend time with another cat. The consequences would be severe. What am I going to do with him? Tell me, oh furry friends.

Anyway, I know you worthy felines hang on my every word and action, so here is a shot showing proper eating technique. The bowl is a Fire King 6 inch custard, circa 1958 (my Waterford was dirty - more falling down on the job by you know who). On the menu tonight is Purina Indoor Cat - very tasty. See how I literally hunch myself over the bowl. That is proper eating technique. This keeps other cats from butting in and ruining my action. Even if no other cats are around, proper form is important. And then, of course, the water is handy to wash down the last morsel. I insist on fresh water every morning, and it must be filtered. My enjoyment is his priority number 1.

9 Comments:

Blogger Beau said...

Henry, I just found your site. I'm a blogging tux too, and I love to bite! heehee

8:46 PM  
Blogger The Meezers said...

it would be nice if we could do that, but mommy puts our crunchies in a giant bowl that all 4 of us can fit our heads in at the same time.

5:11 AM  
Blogger Les Trois Chats said...

I shall study your technique, though usually, I must admit, I am the one who butts a head into others' dishes. I taught Mom to put a ton of food in mine, and to fill mine first, because I will eat out of whatever bowl is filled first!

Meezers - you have to share? This would drive Turtle insane. She will not eat if someone is eating from her bowl. Heh heh. I mean, uh, how sad for her.

~ moose

7:17 AM  
Blogger George, Tipper, Max & Misty said...

Yes, yes. Good technique. Hunching yourself over the bowl and eating from the far side definitely prevents anyone else from butting in.

George
The Crew

1:05 PM  
Blogger The Whippy Curly Tails said...

What a great photo. We kitties love our chow. Mom just fed us some tasty FF Salmon, yummy!!!

The Whippy Curly Tails in the Toasty South!

=^..^=

6:49 PM  
Blogger Finnegan & Buddy said...

Great technique!! A little growling down in the bowl keeps the other one away while you're eating too.

Finny

PS: don't forget to come by our blog and join the Paw Portrait Contest fun!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Carmen said...

My brothers make me share - how can I prevent that???

3:19 PM  
Blogger Henry said...

Carmen, you might try to develop a menacing aura. Some of us are born with it, some have to acquire it.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

While our bowl is large enough for both Brach and I to eat at the same time, I usually flick some kibble onto the floor for him and then stick my entire head in the bowl to eat my dinner.

He has to learn about respect some how...

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home